Last Updated on May 2018
E.M.S. Electro Medical Systems S.A., with registered office at Chemin de la Vuarpillière 31, 1260 Nyon Switzerland ("We" or “EMS”) is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
TYPE OF DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• You may provide us information about you by filling in forms on our websites or paper forms during events or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our websites, subscribe to our service, sign up for newsletters, and when you report a problem with our websites. The information you give us may include your name, physical address, e-mail address, phone number, language and country preferences.
• We may additionally receive and process personal data concerning you through other websites we operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
• We can also collect other information to administer our websites, such as technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), number of clicks, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, products you viewed or searched for.
WHY EMS COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IT USES IT
We hold and process your personal data only if we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as when it is necessary for engaging in a contractual relationship with you, to meet our legitimate interests (i.e. direct marketing activities), to comply with legal requirements or if authorized.
EMS may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
• Marketing communications: to provide you with information about a product or service of ours that we believe could be of interest to you; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used; to tailor the content we display to you. However, you may object to this way of processing your personal data. If you do so, we will stop processing your data for direct marketing purposes.
• Customer service: to provide you with customer service, to deliver the service and to correspond with you in relation to your product, to notify you about changes to our service, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; to reply to your enquires, complaints and general feedback about our products.
• Website administration: to administer our websites and for internal operations, including product development, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve our websites and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or for other devices used to access our websites.
• Behavioural evaluation: we may process personal data in order to perform an evaluation, on a group level, of the general behaviour of our customers, for system administration and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
EMS does not knowingly collect personal data from children and its websites are not intended for children. If EMS discovers that it has accidentally collected personal data from children it will delete such data immediately.
Unless otherwise required by law, EMS only retains your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which EMS has initially collected it, as follows:
Information on legal transaction between you and EMS is retained for a period of 10 years after the termination of the legal transaction, in accordance with the general limitation period set for civil claims in Switzerland;
Billing information is retained for a period of 10 years after the closing of the accounting year to which they relate, in accordance with the Swiss accounting and taxation laws;
Technical information is retained for a period of 6 months as of their provision to or collection by EMS;
Contact information (names, post and e-mail addresses, phone numbers) used for direct marketing purposes is retained for an unlimited period of time, unless you ask EMS to delete your information or to stop processing it otherwise;
Behavioural information is not retained in a form which permits identification.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the personal data you provide to us with any member of our group, which means our affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for legitimate business purposes.
EMS may perform some of its functions by relying on third-party suppliers to conduct specialised activities, i.e. in order to assist us in improving our websites, marketing our products etc. The personal data that you provide may be shared with these suppliers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks. However, these providers are required to exclusively use the received information for the respective services on behalf and as instructed by EMS. EMS will require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the EMS websites or service, to comply with all relevant data protection and security requirements in relation to your personal data.
EMS will not share your personal data with any third party that intends to use it for their direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
In the event EMS sells or buys any business or assets, EMS may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
EMS may disclose personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
o required or authorised by law
o required by an enforcement body to investigate unlawful activities
o where we believe that an emergency, illegal activity or some other reasonable basis exists for notifying the relevant authority
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not transfer your data to a recipient located outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), unless this third country where the recipient is located ensures an adequate level of data protection or we have implemented a lawful contract and data transfer mechanism.
In case of a transfer outside the EEA or in a country with no adequate level of data protection, we are also required to inform you and, you have the right to request us what kind of appropriate safeguarding measures we have implemented in order to protect your personal data.
We limit access to personal data about you to our employees and third-party agents, who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information to provide you with the information or services your request from us.
We employ security measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Our websites have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under control.
However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the transmission of your data to our systems. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may contact us and request access anytime to your personal data. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information upon request.
You may request us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
You may ask us to delete the information we have on your account. However, we must keep track of certain transaction information, for legal compliance purposes, so we may not be able to fully delete your information in certain circumstances.
You may ask us to be unsubscribed from marketing communications at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications, you may do so by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in each email.
You have the right to be informed of any automated decision-making process, including profiling, we may decide to perform.
Where in your opinion the processing of your personal data infringes EU data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in the country where you are based or any place in the EU where you believe the infringement has occurred.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at the address indicated below.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your personal data please e-mail us at the following address: email@example.com.