2019 marks the 20th Anniversary of the Swiss DolorClast® Method
During those 20 years, the Swiss DolorClast® has helped more than 100 millions patients from around the world by alleviating them from their pain and ultimately retrieving an optimal quality of life and active lifestyle.
A great history
The history of the Swiss DolorClast® has its roots in 1997, when EMS, which previously had developed products in the fields of oral hygiene and urology, decides to embrace a new challenge, and patents a technology that generates shock waves.
The teams at E.M.S. sense from the very beginning the great potential of this new technology and start working on the first product of the Swiss DolorClast® line. The first Swiss DolorClast® launches in 1999: the Swiss DolorClast® Method is born!
It is the first revolution regarding the treatment of soft tissues with extracorporeal shoch wave therapy for orthopedics.
Shock waves are being used for the first time onto trigger points to treat muscular pains.
The Swiss DolorClast® has now a worldwide presence with more than 2'500 devices implemented in more than 50 countries, introduction of the new Power+ handpiece.
the only radial ESWT device approved by the FDA
The Swiss DolorClast® obtains its first FDA approbation in the United-States for plantar fasciopathy.
- Arrival on the market of the Swiss PiezoClast®, allowing practitioners to work with focal shock waves, in addition to radial shock waves.
- In 2009, there are more than 6'000 devices Swiss DolorClast® being used all around the world.
Launch of the Swiss DolorClast® Smart: compact - ergonomic - versatile.
education and practice first
- Presentation of the Swiss DolorClast® Master with touch screen and the new EVO BLUE® handpiece.
- Launch of the Swiss DolorClast® Smart 20.
- Creation of the Swiss DolorClast® Academy -SDCA- and first training at the VSOU congress in Baden-Baden, Germany.
Formalization of the Swiss DolorClast® Method on the base of 3 pillars: Technology - Clinical evidence - Education.
Creation of the independent entity EDAB - European DolorClast® Advisory Board, which goal is to define the clinical strategy of the Swiss DolorClast® Method.
14 experts in shock waves are part of this board.
More than 100'000'000 pain free patients and more to come
Happy Anniversary, Swiss DolorClast®!